Meat Free Mondays on tenerife
What Are Meat Free Mondays?
Why Should We Implement Meat Free Mondays?
Studies from Oxford University have also shown the significant effect eating meat has on our health and that a reduction in the consumption of meat to 3 times a week can prevent 31,000 deaths from heart disease, 9,000 deaths from cancer and 5,000 deaths from stroke each year. These staggering figures are enough to turn stomachs and something as simple as reducing our intake of meat can have such a positive effect on not just our personal health but also the health of our planet. Here some environmental effects:
- GREENHOUSE GASES -
- WATER -
- LAND -
- WASTE -
- OCEANS -
- RAINFOREST -
- Wildlife -
- HUMANITY -
“THIS IS GREAT NEWS! IT MEANS, WE REALLY CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. JOIN #MEATFREEMONDAYTENERIFE”
How to Enjoy Meat Free Mondays
Going meat free on a Monday doesn’t have to be a crazy big lifestyle change. It is something as simple as replacing a grilled chicken breast with half a roasted aubergine or using beans and lentils to make a burger instead of minced meat. These tasty adaptations to our favourite meals are easier than you think and in the long run will not only have a positive effect on the environment but also your pocket. Eating meat is expensive, especially if you want to eat quality cuts of meat, so by opting out of a meat based diet at least for one day of the week will help you save pennies as well as stay healthy.
Meat Free Mondays at Canary Islands Green
- We will soon provide you with a Tenerife Vegan Eating Guide so you can explore some amazing cuisine!
- Source: all info was collected from Cowspiracy – The Sustainability Secret that you can watch on Netflix.
- Read up more on Cowspiracy/facts where you find all studies, science articles
- For quick overview, check out Cowspiracy’s Infographic!
- Questions? Write to us anytime! We have a vegan chef and nutritionist on our team or shoot us a message on any of our social media platforms or contact us here.